Fireworks are as American, as well, Independence Day. While celebrating America’s independence is the purpose of this holiday, since the first Fourth of July celebration in 1777, fireworks have definitely been the stars of the party.
With that kind of history, it’s no wonder why so many families – and their children – want to participate in this colorful tradition. Lighting fireworks and firecrackers, however, must always be handled with care and safety in mind. This is especially important if you’re handling fireworks around children.
But there’s no reason to let your fireworks tradition fizzle this Fourth of July – with a few fireworks safety tips, you can make your Fourth of July both family-friendly and fun.
- Never leave children unsupervised around fireworks, firecrackers and even sparklers. Fireworks are very hot and can be unpredictable. Make sure an adult is always around to light firecrackers and supervise the little ones.
- Don’t hold fireworks or firecrackers in your hand – ever. Always light fireworks on the ground. For sparklers, make sure to always keep a safe distance away from your face and the sparkler.
- Never light more than one firework or firecracker at a time.
- Be sure to point fireworks away from people and homes.
- Soak used fireworks and firecrackers in water before disposing – whether you lit them or not.
Click here for more fireworks safety tips that will help you and your family celebrate safely without sacrificing your Fourth of July celebration.
For the best deals on fireworks fun for the entire family, visit Alamo Fireworks. Alamo Fireworks opens for Fourth of July on June 24, and stocked full of fireworks, firecrackers, sparklers, fountains, rockets, roman candles and more. With locations in San Antonio, Dallas, Houston, El Paso, Corpus Christi, Laredo and Victoria, Alamo Fireworks is the best place to buy your Fourth of July fireworks. And don’t forget to check out our Alamo Fireworks YouTube channel with dozens of videos showcasing our most popular firework brands!